One of the most imposing hotels of Thirsk, the Georgian Three Tuns Hotel was built in 1698. First used as a home to the Lords of the Manor. In 1740 the house was adapted to a coaching inn, being on the Leeds-Edinburgh coach run.The London, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds and Darlington coaches all used the Three Tuns Hotel for bed and breakfast. The accommodation for the horses can still be seen in original condition, complete with mangers,stalls and hay loft.

The real James Herriot was a frequent visitor to the hotels bar, and Wordsworth stayed in 1802 on his way to his wedding. York, Durham, Harrogate and Whitby can all be visited from our central location between the Yorkshire Dales and The North Yourshire Moors. Thirsk Racecourse is a short walk from the hotel, and we cater for Coach Parties with menu's designed to suit the needs of the party.

Click here to find out more.